Frequently asked questions
What's this about the storage being temporary?
The file is deleted somewhere between 5 and 365 days. The larger the filesize, the shorter the lifespan.
What's the HECK is with the name????1
See and enjoy
Can I use ShareX to upload?
Sure thing! Click Here!
Import that as a custom uploader and fire away.
If you are on linux, check out my screenshot tool!
Can I upload using my phone?
Sure, go ahead. You might even want to add cz0.au to your homescreen.
Yes. If you found a bug, or want to request a feature, make an issue there.
Terms of Service
- TL;DR Be Excellent to Each Other
- Don't upload anything illegal (that includes copyrighted material, pirates!)
- If you're a copyright holder, or have a problem with a uploaded file, go to the DMCA page
- This isn't some big business, this is a open source project running as a hobby project by one person, so don't be mean.
In General, when you upload a file, we reserve the right to distribute that file on your behalf. Yet you hold responsibility for any harm the content might do.
The server stores a little bit of personal information about you and the files you upload.
- Web server logs - which contains your IP, user agent, and pages viewed, and the (random) filename. These logs are deleted randomly, and only kept for security purposes.
- Backend Server Statistics - This is a database of all viewed files. This is to track popular files, mimetypes and to help find abuse of the system. This includes the IP of the uploader.
- The actual file. This is stored for a dynamic amount of time, depending on how the server is configured.
After a file expires, it is completely removed, no traces remain on the server regarding the contents of the file. Certain data might be left over in the web server logs. (until their deletion) However there is no way to link a web server log entry to an uploaded file after it is deleted.
Criminal investigation and takedowns
We will comply with all legal takedown notices about abuse or from copyright holders. We will also cooperate in criminal investigations (with the little information we store). We may share server logs relevant to said information. If you don't like that, run your own Ephemeral server.
Given that, and knowing that I LOVE statsistics about stuff I run, you can see (some) of the stats I collect on my grafana server
While this rewrite is mostly my own work, it would be wrong to not thank the people who's work I used in the past to run the site.
- exhail - helped me out with rust code, hand-holdy stuff while I was figuring stuff out
- audron - also helped me out, showed me their file host they made in rocket.
- Areganno - who improved upon the stablediffusion logo I made (and by that I mean he completely remade it)
- Shadowhand & hailey - I had a moment of weakness while writing nginx configs, and they were there when I needed them the most.
- Quad - made the original python - flask server software, QuadFile, which I forked and added features on-top of.